This year, Father’s Day and June 19 fall on the 19th of the month, giving the black community a double dose of joy to celebrate.
BET wants to join the party by launching a new campaign, “Where do black men lead“, as a way for all of us to officially recognize the black fathers and father figures who leave us inspired, entertained and that much wiser every day.
Starting today, May 26, 2022, green fly will have an open platform for people to submit a video of one minute or less in appreciation and praise of a black father or father figure, talking about their greatest impact on your life and the within the wider community. Video cannot contain music, lyrics or music videos unless it is 100% original and all copyrights belong to the person posting.
“Being a father is truly my greatest honor; my most treasured title,” said Scott Mills, CEO of BET in a statement. “I have been blessed to have not only my father, but amazing father figures in my life, supporting me in my endeavors, and now having three amazing children, I hope to inspire them to serve their communities as men in my life and my dad did it for me. We hope this contest helps celebrate all the amazing fathers and father figures who are making an impact and leaving a legacy in our communities.
RELATED: BET launches ‘Where Black Men Lead’ campaign to celebrate June 19 and Father’s Day 2022‘
RELATED: “Where Black Men Lead” Contest Official Rules
A group of BET employees will meet to review and judge the entries. Each application will be assessed on three key characteristics found in applicants, both in their personal lives and in their work within the community. Winners will be someone who has served as a role model or inspiration and/or championed the personal and professional endeavors of those around them, fought for personal freedom and someone who is invested in the ability to their children/those in their care to live fulfilling lives. life. He is a black man who made a sacrifice to enable his loved ones to achieve their goals and who continues to be a guide for others.
“This year, Father’s Day and June 16 fall on the same day, so we wanted to use this day to celebrate Black fathers and father figures in our community who are leading the way,” said Jeanine Liburdresponsible for social impact and communications.
One grand prize winner will be selected to score $10,000 while 156 second prize winners will choose from one of 10 BET Father’s Day gift sets, one of which would be perfect for dad, including:
- Grooming kit: Including a bevel trimmer and products, this kit has everything you need for professional-level shaping at home.
- Self-care: Includes an assortment of Scotch Porter goodies needed to keep beards, hair, face and sensitive areas under control.
- Black Bar Old Fashioned Bar Kit: This sophisticated and super deluxe set is the ultimate gift for whiskey lovers with premium ingredients and accessories to create the perfect cocktail.
- Play music: for music lovers, this package includes a Sonos Roam for great sound no matter the location.
- Aptitude: A compact but powerful Theragun mini relieves fitness enthusiasts
- Beats: The Powerbeats Pro are perfect for the on-the-go dad who never stops.
- Professional grills: This deluxe grilling kit includes a set of Williams Sonoma barbecue tools with storage case, Williams Sonoma digital fork thermometer, grill prep trays and OXO sauce dispensing brush, perfect for a summer of barbecues and barbecues. barbecues.
- Leather: Only the best of the best for dad. This set includes a double zipper toiletry bag and a slim bi-fold wallet, perfect for travel.
- Accused: The Courant wireless charging station ensures that devices are always charged and ready to use.
- Hot Shave: The Gillette Labs Heated Razor Starter Kit ensures that every shave is smooth and comfortable.
The campaign ends on Friday June 10 and the winners will be selected on June 11 and officially announced on June 19.
For more information and full terms and conditions, please visit BET.com.